The joys and challenges of parenting reach a new level when your ADHD child becomes a teenager!
Your teen's main focus is his/her development as their own person – separate and independent from you.
When parenting a strong-willed adolescent with ADHD, most everything in parenting can become even more challenging!
Your ADHD Parenting Coach will help you:
- Understand the special challenges your ADHD teen faces with relationships, driving, peer pressures, etc.
- Promote your teen's foundation for adulthood
- Improve yours and your child's "dance" between independence and controlled boundaries
- Develop your teen's life skills to when they are living away from home
- Support academic success
- Create a team to assist in identifying learning needs to promote success with accommodations and educational opportunities
- Identify appropriate professionals to re-evaluate your young ADHD adult's emotional, physical, and educational needs
- In NOT giving up on parenting
- Develop boundaries for dating and healthy relationships outside of family
- Focus on the strengths of your child and understand his limitations
- Create the environment that supports success WITH your teen
- Development of boundaries, including rewards around those boundaries
- Prepare for the transition and launching of your young adult
Adolescence is an wonder-filled, yet challenging time for parents and teens – we can help you and your adolescent with ADHD navigate this important time in your and his/her life!
Working with an ADHD Parenting Coach will decrease the burden of parenting and move you to the next level of parenting that will promote the success of both you and your child.